Exhibitions Eduardo L Rivera
Project Space Studio
- Earth (Mom and I) by Eduardo L Rivera. Archival Pigment Print, 24" x 30", 2018. © Eduardo L Rivera. Courtesy of the artist.
Open Studios: March 23, 6-7pm
Project Space Residency
Eduardo L Rivera is an artist whose practice borrows from visual traditions such as social documentary, photographic archives, portraiture, still-life, and landscape to contemplate the dynamics of his family and community. His photographs have appeared in Aperture as a runner-up for the Aperture Portfolio Prize, The New York Times Magazine, Capricious Publishing, Der Greif, and received an emerging photographer award through the Magenta Foundation. He has exhibited in galleries and museums throughout the U.S, including the Tucson Museum of Art, samsøñ Projects, Boston, MA, and the Philadelphia Photo Arts Center, also known as the TILT Institute for the Contemporary Image. He was a recipient of the Massachusetts Cultural Council Fellowship, an artist-in-residence at MASS MoCA, and a participant at the Skowhegan School of Painting and Sculpture. Eduardo has lectured on his work at Harvard, Stanford, UCLA, Bard, MassArt, and is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor in Photography at the Rochester Institute of Technology. He lives and works between Arizona and New York.
This program is supported in part by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of the New York State Legislature; the National Endowment for the Arts; the Max and Marian Farash Foundation; and Joy of Giving Something.
- Eduardo Rivera's Open Studio exhibition in the VSW Project Space.
- Installation view from Eduardo's Open Studio event in the VSW Project Space.
- Eduardo printed a short edition of posters commemorating his VSW Residency.
- The VSW Project Space at the beginning of Eduardo's residency.