VSW Salon Fall 2022 October 26: Master Class on Film Preservation with Bill Brand
October 26: Preservation as Practice: Master Class on Film Preservation with Bill Brand (6:30-8:30 pm)
In person only
Tickets $15/$10 members
We are pleased to welcome artist, educator, film preservationist and Rochester native Bill Brand back to Rochester for a two day engagement at VSW. Bill is the founder and owner of BB Optics, a film preservation lab in NYC with an extensive list of clients that includes MoMA, Disney, and the Library of Congress. On October 26th, Bill will give a Master Class on his work as a film preservationist, and discuss the technical complexities of archiving film in a variety of formats and for multiple uses. If you are interested in learning more about how film preservation works, don’t miss this opportunity to learn from one of the world’s leading experts in the field.
This event is co-sponsored by the L. Jeffrey Selznick School of Film Preservation.
Resources on Film Preservation provided by Bill Brand:
- Museum of Modern Art Media Conservation Initiative
- NationalFilm Preservation Foundation
- The Home Film Preservation Guide
- National Film and Sound Archive, Commonwealth of Australia
- BayArea Video Coalition (BVAC)
- ElectronicArts Intermix
- NewYork University, MIAP curriculum
- LaRed del Cine Doméstico
- Self-PreservationGuide for Film and Video Makers – Bill Brand and Toni Treadway